Social Services

Social Services


The Coronation Park measures 16.9 hacters has a children's play area, tennis courts, swimming pool and squash court. It also has some park benches and tables, 4 braai areas and the parks section's offices. It is the main park in the city.

The whole park can be used for public gatherings, picnics, church services, leisure and relaxation on top of the games and recreational facilities. Permissions to use has to be sought for these other events.

Children's Play Area

The children's play area has 4 sets of swings, 2 seesaws, one slide, two maxi jungle gyms, a sand pit and one merry go round.

The Swimming Pool

The swimming pool at the Coronation Park has a shallow end of 0.95 meters and a deep end of 2 meters. The length and width are 22.8 meters and 7.5 meters respectively, making the pool to have a volume of 252225 liters. It is well used by school children.

Within it is five braai areas, seven sets of park benches and tables, a rondavel and off course the pool. It also serves as a meeting area of facility for private functions or gatherings.

Tennis, Basketball and Multipurpose Courts

The Courts situated at the Coronation Park, accommodates tennis, volleyball, netball and basket ball games. In total there are three courts. They are mostly used by teams for training and hosting of tournaments. To book the courts people need to collect a booking form, depending on availability and then pay the stipulated fee at the Municipal Head Office.
In terms of the Road Transportation Act number 5 of 2007, all applications for all modes of road transportation must be recommended by the local authority before being taken to the Road Transportation Board for approval.

All Transport Associations are required by law to submit the relevant forms in duplicate to the Municipal Council for fresh, renewals or permit amendments recommendations to the Road Transport Board (RTB)

recommendation by the Municipality the application forms must be taken to the Road Transportation Board by the authorized members of the relevant Regional Transport association.

Council will only accept application forms from authorized members of the Regional Transport Associations which are registered with the Director of Road Transportation Board in terms of section 12 of the Road Transportation regulations issued through legal notice 9 of 2012.

Transport operators must submit their forms to their Regional Association,who then forwards them to Council. Council processes the forms within 3 days after receipt. The forms should be left with the Secretary of Technical Services Department every Wednesday of the week for collection On Friday of the same week.