MUNICIPAL COUNCIL OF MBABANE
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Chief Planning Officer within the Municipal Council of Mbabane on a 3-year renewable contract.
This is a Senior Management position reporting directly to the Director Community Services.
Main Purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that all physical development takes place in Planned, integrated, coordinated and sustainable manner, ensure that all construction activities are in accordance with relevant legislation and to continually improve building plan efficiency approval processes
Key performance Areas:
- Management of Planning and Community Development Section
- Manage the timely implementation of the sections Annual Operating Plan.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting on section performance against annual operating plan
- Provide advisory service to the Director Community Services and Executive Management
- Development and implementation of Town Planning Schemes and structure Plans and Physical Development Plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholder for developments in the city.
- Provision of community development services
- Develop and implement policies for planning and development in the City
- Develop operational systems, procedures and performance standards for the section Management of Land use
- Control illegal development in the city
- Manage the Geographic Information System
- Construction and urban design planning
- Community Liaison and Development
- Land Sales
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree or equivalent qualification and registration with a recognised professional body
- Vast work experience 5 – 7 years in urban planning management.
Key Competences (Knowledge and Skills):
- Advanced knowledge of the Urban Government Act No. 8 of 1969 (as amended),
- Intermediate knowledge of Financial Regulations (As amended)
- Advanced strategic capability and team leadership,
- Advanced knowledge of Town Planning and Project Management
- Ability to work with people and ability to deliver under pressure,
- Intermediate knowledge of the Building Act of 1968 and code (as amended)
- Advanced knowledge of the Municipal Regulations and Bylaws (as amended)
- Advanced knowledge of project/programme management and costing
- Basic Financial, Change and Human Resource Management.
Salary and Benefits
A very competitive remuneration package is offered.
Please send applications accompanied by a full CV with certified copies of academic qualifications marked “Confidential” to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Municipal Council of Mbabane
P O Box 1
OR Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 08th August 2018.