MUNICIPAL COUNCIL OF MBABANE
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Director Technical Services within the Municipal Council of Mbabane on a 4 year performance based renewable contract.
This is an executive management position reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Main Purpose of the job:
The main purpose of the job is to provide engineering solutions and technologies in the development, improvement and maintenance of physical infrastructure for the city of Mbabane.
Key performance Areas:
- Strategic management and oversight of the department,
- Interdepartmental coordination and teamwork facilitation,
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting on departmental performance against annual operating plans,
- Provide advisory service to the CEO and the Municipal council,
- Ensure the value for money design, construction , maintenance solutions and costing of public works projects such as roads, drainage systems, sidewalks etc in the city,
- Workshop and fleet management
- Policy development, implementation and contract management,
- Council’s energy management
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Degree or equivalent qualification in Civil Engineering, and professional registration with a recognized institution,
- Membership of LAMAS or equivalent Municipal association
- MBA or MBL will be an added advantage
- At least eight years relevant experience in a senior management position.
Key Competences (Knowledge and Skills):
- Advanced knowledge of the Urban Government Act No. 8 of 1969 (as amended),
- Advanced strategic capability and leadership,
- Ability to work with people and under pressure,
- Management/& Leadership development
- Community engagement
- Knowledge of the Procurement Act 2011 and World Bank Procurement guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of the Building Act of 1968 and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of project management and costing.
Salary and Benefits
A very competitive remuneration package is offered.
Candidates considered suitable for interviews will be invited within two months of the closing date.
Please send applications accompanied by a full CV with certified copies of academic qualifications marked “Confidential” to:
The Acting Human Resources Manager
Municipal Council of Mbabane
P O Box 1
OR Email: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 8th August 2018.