Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Quality Assurance and Risk Manager which has become vacant in the Corporate Services Department.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Quality Assurance and Risk Manager shall manage and facilitate the provision of Organizational Risk and Quality Management Services. This role will support the development of the Quality standards & Risk Strategy for the Council.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic planning for the overall Council’s Quality Assurance and Risk Management functions
- Manage and facilitate the development of organizational and risk management policies, strategies and frameworks;
- Develop quality and risk policies and procedures, and ensure their relevance to Council performance;
- Manage and facilitate the development and maintenance of integrated management systems based on ISO as approved by the Council;
- Ensuring that processes needed for the Quality Management System and other related Management Systems approved by the Council are established, implemented, reviewed and maintained;
- Ensuring coordination for preparation, approval and implementation of internal and external audits;
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained to perform their duties. Mentor and support development of quality and risk management.
- Keep abreast with quality assurance and risk management trends as they specifically relate to service delivery.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- A post graduate certificate in Business Administration or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Professionally Qualified Systems Internal Auditor
- Certificate in Risk Management training;
- Certificate in Quality Management;
- Certificate Management / Leadership Development;
- Certificate in Project Management Training
- 5 years’ Service Provider management experience
- 5-10 years relevant experience in Quality and risk management.
- Experienced with diverse Assurance engagement’s structure and scope that enables proactive risk mitigation
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft systems (PowerPoint, Ms Excel, Ms Word)
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strategic mindset and critical thinking skills with ability to execute on details and adjust quickly
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset, with understanding of potential opportunities to develop and disrupt traditional methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of Risk Management;
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Management;
- Advanced knowledge of the Urban Government Act No. 8 of 1969 (As amended);
- Excellent planning, organizing, administration and problem-solving skills
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES
Please email applications accompanied by a full CV with certified copies of academic qualifications marked “Quality Assurance and Risk Manager” to:
The Human Resources Manager
Municipal Council of Mbabane
P. O. Box 1
Please note: If you are not contacted by us after 3 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 10th February 2023.